Reseñas de nuestros clientes
- Cat July 2022 Airbnb. This villa is stunning in every way. The facilitiesare first class and the views of the mountains and sea are truly breathtaking. you never tire of them as it looks different every day. The villa is really well equipped. Plenty of crockery/glasses, large array of utensils, lots of spare bedding, towels, fab Babyliss hairdryer, modern washing machine, coffee makers and kettle, microwave and efficient oven, modern fridge freezer, dishwasher, big television with ability to watch UK TV, computer and printer free to use, broadband (speeds as you would expect up in the mountains) ... absolutely everything to make your stay comfortable. Myself and partner stayed in the main bedroom (air conditioned) and my adult daughter used the self contained pool annex (also air conditioned). The additional room downstairs was the office which had a sofa bed. No air con in here but plenty of fans. We didn't hire the Tower Bedroom. Upstairs is kept locked as this is the owners private accommodation. The pool was a true delight after a hot, sticky day. There are no built in steps so may not be suitable for young children or non swimmers. We bought some floats and pool noodles from the Carrefour. There's plenty of room around the pool to sunbathe and, as the day goes on, the established palms, plants and trees make good shade. Total privacy too and stunning views. There is an 8 seater table for outside dining which is right by the kitchen door. Fabulous built in bar b q and pizza oven too. We had two little geckos visit each evening who kept the moths at bay (plenty of outside lighting). The view of the night sky and stars is literally out of this world. Saw our Milky Way for the first time!! Previous hirers have mentioned the road to the villa. I will confirm that it is a fairly long drive up winding (sometimes very narrow) mountain roads once you leave Sayalonga or Competa, but it's doable. We hired a Toyota CRV Hybrid and it coped with the roads really well but next time we may consider a 4 wheel drive car. Parts of the road to the villa are dusty tracks but we took it slowly and it was fine. Tip - exit the driveway and turn right/go up, not left/down ... the road is better. Electric gates on the driveway and plenty of parking room for a couple of vehicles. Sayalongasol checked us in and out and we're very thorough. We met them at their office on our arrival day and followed them to the villa. House was spotless on our arrival and we were talked through everything. I needed to contact Jaromir a few times whilst we were there and he was very helpful and quick in responding. Really excellent host. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to this region of Spain and highly recommend Finca el Regalo as somewhere quiet, relaxing and very comfortable to stay. We will be back! :)))
- Stephen August 2022 Airbnb. This is an absolutely beautiful villa in the most beautiful location with views down to the Mediterranean. The drive to the villa is a little difficult but well worth the effort. The pool and gardens were absolutely stunning. We enjoyed lazing around the pool and lots of swimming. It was perfect sitting out of an evening and watching the sun set behind the mountains with a cold glass of wine. The villa itself is very comfortable and cool with air conditioning in the bedroom. There is a small comfortable sitting room with sky tv which was a bonus for me as I was able to watch my favourite csi programs. The village is a 12 minute drive away and has everything you need. Lots of shops, bars, restaurants and a lovely old church. A couple of large supermarkets so when you’ve unpacked at the villa take a drive to the village to stock up with everything you’ll need for your stay. Plenty of cutlery and crockery as well as pots and pans. We had an absolutely amazing time. Just breath taking
- Marek June 2022 Airbnb. We absolutely enjoyed our stay in the villa. It was clean and cozy. The best thing about the villa is of course the pool area with beautiful views! It's simply amazing. And also very private. The town of Competa is also one of the most beautiful and cozy town I've ever been in. The sea is pretty far though , but luckily you have that beautiful pool. It is true about what they say about the roads there. First impression is a bit scary, but you don't have to worry because the first time the villa manager met us at a town close by and we drove behind them there. So no worry about getting there. My advice is not to trust your navigation (waze, apple, google) and always take the same route you arrived the first day. Always go to Competa and then take the main road. Other than that you'll get used to the roads and you'll actually enjoy it:-) The villa has one feature that I didn't like that much and that is walk-through bathroom with no locks on the doors. Other than that, the villa is awesome.
- Liisa June 2022 Airbnb. We stayed in this lovely villa for a week. It's located high on the mountains, so the view is very nice. Kids loved the pool, the whole place is like a paradise. The village of Competa has many nice restaurants and little shops. Would definitely stay here again
- Roland July 2021. Wir waren 2 Wochen Gast im Garten Eden. Ein ausgeklügeltes Bewässerungssystem bildet die Grundlage für eine blühende Pflanzenvielfalt in allen Farben und ein reiches Früchteangebot befindet in direkter Griffnähe (Zitronen, Limetten, Mango, Feigen, Avocado, Walnüsse und Bananen). Die Villa ist großzügig und erlaubt durch 2 Terrassen zu jeder Tageszeit ausreichend sonnige und schattige Aufenthaltsmöglichkeiten. Der Pool ist groß und erfordert wenig Aufmerksamkeit durch ein perfektes Selbstreinigungssystem. Die Küche ist einfach, ist aber ausreichend ausgestattet um auch komplexere Gerichte zuzubereiten. Ein extrem freundliches und hilfsbereites Hausmeisterteam ist 24h telefonisch erreichbar und schafft auch bei Kleinigkeiten umgehend Abhilfe. Der Weg zu dem abgeschiedenen Paradies ist mit einem normalen Pkw (Wir hatten einen Opel Crossland) zu befahren, ist aber auch im Vergleich zu ähnlichen Objekten in der Umgebung aufgrund der Steigung in den unbefestigten Abschnitten teilweise anspruchsvoll. Ungeübte Fahrer sollten daher einen 4-Radantrieb erwägen, der die Fahrt sicher einfacher macht.
Wir haben die Zeit einfach nur genossen, danken Jaromir für seine Gastfreundschaft und kommen gerne wieder.
- Jerome August 2020 Airbnb We had a fabulous time at Finca el Regalo! Only 8 days...time went too fast!! Apart from the swimming pool, what we enjoyed the most was to be totally isolated but surrounded by the beautiful garden full of a lot of exotic plants, mango/avocado/olive/almond trees... and a great view of the see and hills. The finca is correctly described in the ad, fully equipped... it is a very quiet and isolated place that will make you forget about the stressing daily routine of normal (working) life (No close neighbors!!). The owner was not there during our stay but he was caring and available at anytime for making our holiday just perfect. We were taken in charge by a local team (holiday home rentals..) who were very nice and helpful. The only inconvenient part is the road/path that leads to the Finca (lower cars than normal (coupé type) are not recommended because of some bumping areas of the road... We have a Skoda Superb (similar to Passat VW) and a Courrier Ford, we had no problems even if it looked tough and difficult at the first time. It takes you around 15-20minutes to get to the shops (Cómpeta village). The water from the tap is really good quality and drinkable. Some mosquitoes only at sunset/sunrise times but there was a leftover of repellent things (candles, sprays..) when we arrived. We rented also the small annex (next to the swimming pool): fully equipped and enjoyable... I want to thank Jaromir, the owner, for our great stay in his finca!
- Titia July 2019 Airbnb Un très bel endroit et magnifique panorama. Villa superbe avec confort et matériel necessaire : composée de 2 terrasses , l’une devant l’entree de la villa ( cuisine et salon) et l’autre au bord de la piscine située à l’arriere. Bonus : un petit appartement independant, situé au bord de la piscine ( 2 lits et tout le reste) : ideal pour un couple qui souhaite avoir son "coin". Connection wifi : un peu inégale, selon les heures et là où l'on se met dans la villa, dûe à la localisation en montagne, mais tellement compensée par le reste ! Bon contact avec le proprio, Jaromir, qui est très réactif, et vraiment soucieux de répondre à nos besoins. Une seule chose à savoir à l'avance, pour ne pas être pris au dépourvu : la villa est isolée, et le chemin pour y accéder peut surprendre : c’est à env 4,5 km du village Competa (très joli) , et la route pour s’y rendre se fait difficile aux 2 derniers kms : sentier étroit, tantôt goudronné tantôt terreux : il ne faut pas craindre la conduite en montagne (on espere à chaque fois ne croiser personne en face !). La villa est cependant assez bien fléchée et le jour de votre arrivée, on vous y conduit (ouf). Après quelques trajets on s’y fait. Mieux vaut ne pas avoir une trop grosse voiture. Pensez a faire vos courses a Competa ou ailleurs juste avant, surtout si vous arrivez tard à la villa, car en raison du chemin décrit , vous mettez bien 20 mn pour aller du village à la villa. Cela dit, Competa offre de jolis petits restaurants, ouverts tard le soir, qui peuvent tomber à point si vous arrivez à la villa tard et sans avoir pu faire de courses.
- Family from Athlone, Ireland June 2018 Had a very pleasant stay here with extended family in July 2018. We've stayed in many rented houses in Andalusia over the past years and this is one of the nicest we've stayed in. The property is as described and as pictured. But there are a things potential renters should be aware of. Firstly, you only have access to the bottom floor of the main house (top floor unoccupied). The shower room in the main house is in effect a walk through area. This wasn't a huge deal for us, but you might want to bear it in mind if you're sharing the property. The pool house is small, but can easily accommodate 2 adults and has its own toilet/shower. Secondly, as others have noted, the access to the property might be an issue for some drivers. The drive from Competa to the property takes about 15 - 20 minutes. Its a surfaced road but without edge barriers in some places. Most drivers will find it OK. The last 750 m or so from that road down to the property is an unsurfaced dirt track, steep in places, some of which are quite narrow. Its ok after you've driven it a few times, but there are only a few places where 2 cars can pass each other, so you may have to reverse up or down if you meet someone else on the track. For us these slight negatives were outweighed by the positives. There's loads of outside space, so even if there are a few of you it won't feel crowded. There's a large shaded patio beside the kitchen, with a large table and chairs for mealtimes. There's a great charcoal BBQ and pizza/bread oven. The pool is a good size, with plenty of space around it for sun loungers. The property is mainly south facing and the views down the valley to the sea are super. Overall, I'd be happy to recommend it if you're looking for peace and quiet in a rural location. Look there
- Reply from Jaromir Thank you Tony for a nice review. Unfortunately we can’t improve the quality of the access road to the Finca, but it is rather common problem in rural Spain. I have a good news for you. End of October 2018 the road has been improved. On all the bad parts of the road you will find now a concret enforcement. You really don't need 4x4 drive to pass trough. It was mentioned in the advertisement, that the upper part of the main house will stay closed during your stay. We decided to do that trying to keep a little bit privacy for ourselves in the home where we are spending at least 6 months per year. As you have noticed, staying there will be awarded with a beautiful surrounding and total privacy. Looking forward to see you again. Best regards. Jaromir
- Family from Sibford Ferris, United Kingdom July 2018 A truly beautiful setting, with complete privacy! We loved the Finca el Regalo because of its views, gorgeous terraces, pool, fruit trees and the Spanish feel. Fountains, tiles, huge pots of jasmine, lots of small detail that really gave the place a wonderful atmosphere. The house itself was comfortable and clean and the kitchen, well equipped. It was handy having the pool house for snorers and was useful to have the extra space. The managers, Ad and Eric who live up the road, were so helpful at all times, sorting us out on a number of occasions , such as finding a back therapist (fantastic!) when I had a problem. The owners were easy to contact and the booking in process was easy. The Finca offers a restful, quiet space, so if you are looking for excitement or to be very near the coast, its not the place for you. The nearby town of Competa is charming and has everything you need in terms of food shopping and restaurants. The only thing we found challenging was the drive from the Finca to the road. Although it says in the info you don't need a 4 wheel drive, we wished we'd hired one as the track is awful in parts and every trip up and down, we were concerned about damaging the undercarriage of the hire car (a small family polo). I am an experienced, competent driver and found the daily trip a bit stressful! So, my advice is to get a suitable car. Other than that, it was a wonderful holiday and I would highly recommend a stay here. Look there
- Judith -Family from Manchester, United Kingdom August 2017 We really enjoyed our stay at Finca El Regalo. The views are magnificent and the privacy exactly what we needed. The pool is a really nice size and we enjoyed many hours relaxing in and around the pool. We found the pool house very convenient as it has a toilet and is right next to the pool (it is a flight of stairs down from the pool to the main house). We stayed in the 2 bedrooms of the main house. Only one bedroom has air conditioning but there are plenty fans around the house. The Finca is clean and well equipped. We had some difficulty getting the TV to work. Ad, who gave us the keys, was very helpful especially when we were trying to find the house for the first time. We were also emailed directions before we left which were useful. We found the drive to the finca (the first 15 minutes) quite nerve wracking but it definitely got easier after we had done it a couple of times. It took us around 45 minutes to get to the motorway from Finca El Regalo. One has to be a good/experienced driver to feel confident on the roads in the area. We have come home with wonderful memories! Thank you!
- Reply from Jaromir Thank you for a nice review. After many years driving to our Spanish home we consider the roads not as challenging as it it was in very beginning- 20 years ago. Imagine that dirty truck starting from Competa. I agree, first impression for a average urban driver me be challenging. But you are revorded with extreme privacy and tranquillity of the location . Next time try the road down from finca to Sayalonga. We will consider installing airco in studio as well. We hope see you once again in sunny Andalusia. Kind regards. Jaromir Look there!
- Anthony - Family from Bournemouth, United Kingdom August 2017 After searching for the perfect holiday villa for our summer holiday we certainly believe we found it in this villa. It is spacious, clean, well equipped and its location is just perfect. The journey to the villa from Competa is as described and is on some fairly steep unpaved roads but once navigated the villa is worth the extra effort involved in getting to it. There is ample space for families to relax whether some want to be around the pool or relaxing on the large covered patio with the most gorgeous view there are areas around the villa for everyone. The kitchen is well equipped and lacked nothing. If you want to be in a busy vibrant area this is not for you, but if you require relaxation, peace, quiet and beautiful surroundings then we can certainly recommend this villa. Good communications with the owner, local facilities including a supermarket in Competa all made for a highly enjoyable holiday.
- Reply from Jaromir Thank you for your positive review. We are glad, that you have enjoyed your stay in our holiday accommodation. If you can see some places for improvement, let as know. We know, that you had some problems to find the place. We will try to send to our customers more detailed information about driving direction. We will be glad to see you again. Kind regards. Jaromir the owner. Look there now!
- Charlotte -Friends from Leeds, United Kingdom August 2016 We had a wonderful time at the Finca El Regalo. As two couples with two babies the set up worked perfectly with each family having one self contained unit. The house was well equipped with everything you needed, and the chap who met us on arrival was only up the road, and very accommodating if anything arose. The location is simply wonderful. Completely private with beautiful views down the valley to the sea. What this does come with is a challenging drive down the hillside. Once completed a couple of time the task seemed far less daunting, and would not put us off visiting again. About a 15 minute drive is the village of Cómpeta where there are anabundance of restaurants, bars and shops but it retains a very traditional Spanish charm. The gellateria comes highly recommended! As I've said, we would not hesitate to recommend, and we hope to visit again. Look there now!
- Keith -Family from Weymouth, United Kingdom August 2014 We were looking for a villa away from the crowds and this property fulfilled and pased these requirements. You need to do a little bit of pre tavel homwwork to find the location of this property which will pay divedends when you arrive. Once you leave the made up road you do wonder if you are heading in the right direction as the road is rough but follow the information provided. The Villa was superb, well equiped and met all of our needs with total isolation peace and quiet. The accommodation is split into two areas the lower unit, the main area and the upper unit with the pool annex. This is not suitable for very young children as they would be up there un-suppervised, The pool area has pleanty of space and areas of shade to get out of the sun. The pool is of a good size but with only a ladder for access into the shallow end, which I would estimate to be 1,25 - 1,5 Mtrs may not again be suitable for young children but for us this was not an issue. A fantastic Villa and we all had a really great holiday. Look there now!
- Paul Furse July 2015 Sorry I have not been in contact sooner but it has taken me some time to get back to normal after such a relaxing holiday. We had a wonderful time at your beautiful villa and enjoyed our stay very much. It really is in a stunning position and we particularly liked Competa. Ad, your house manager, was very helpful without being intrusive. We would certainly go back in the future and hope we left everything in order after our departure. Best regards. Paul